WJBD Radio

Images

Now Playing

Entertainment

WJBD - Entertainment - "Fast & Furious 7" Director on Film’s Fate

"Fast & Furious 7" Director on Film’s Fate

Creatas/Thinkstock(LOS ANGELES) -- Universal Pictures announced previously that it was shutting down production on Fast & Furious 7, following the death of the movie’s star Paul Walker. But the film’s director James Wan said recently that the movie will eventually resume production and be finished one way or another.

“Yes,” Wan told TMZ after being asked if he believes production will move forward eventually. He was asked a second time and again said, “Yes.”

“They’re pretty sad and very somber, but we are dealing with it,” he told the site about how the crew’s dealing with Walker’s death.

Walker, 40, and friend Roger Rodas, 38, crashed and died in Los Angeles on Nov. 30 following a charity event for the actor’s organization.

A few days later, Universal released a statement, saying production on the newest Fast & Furious movie would be shut down.

“Right now, all of us at Universal are dedicated to providing support to Paul’s immediate family, and our extended Fast & Furious family of cast, crew and filmmakers,” the statement read. “At this time we feel it is our responsibility to shut down production on Fast & Furious 7 for a period of time so we can assess all options available to move forward with the franchise.”

Copyright 2013 ABC News Radio

See other Entertainment news:

Kelsey Grammer Welcomes Newborn Son Gabriel
First Trailer for "Fifty Shades of Grey" Debuts
San Diego Comic-Con 2014: Celebrities, Costumes and Zombies, Oh My!
Russell Simmons Explains Why He's Honoring Ex-Wife
"Better Call Saul" Billboard Spotted in Albuquerque




This Site logo