Fire Causes $80,000 Damage to Junction City Mobile HomeA Junction City mobile home sustained heavy damage in a Sunday afternoon fire.
Sandoval Fire Chief Chad Parson says the fire was at the Doug and Becca Gunter home at 11-05 Jackson Avenue in Junction City. They were not home at the time neighbors spotted the fire.
Firemen reported heavy smoke was coming from the living room and kitchen area of the home with the fire just breaking through the living room window at the time of their arrival. Parson reports crews made entry through the front door and achieved a good knockdown under heavy fire and smoke conditions.
The home sustained heavy fire damage to the living room, kitchen, hallway, and entrances to several bedrooms. Parson says the family lost most of their possessions, including several pets. He reports the pets were removed from the home and the department utilized their pet masks in an unsuccessful attempt to resuscitate.
The State Fire Marshal's office was contacted to assist in determining the cause of the fire, which appears to be electrical in nature. The loss is estimated at $80,000 for the home and contents. The Red Cross was contacted to assist the family.
There were no injuries. Firemen were on the scene for about two hours, beginning at 3:50 Sunday afternoon.
See other LocalNews news:Centralia-And-Central City-Snow-Routes-In-Effect
Centralia High School Board Receives Update on New Football Stadium
Centralia Man Draws Five Year Prison Term For Burglary
Effingham to Get Tesla Charging Stations
Rauner Appoints Board of Trustee Members at 3 State Colleges