Police Beat for Friday, June 14th, 2013
The Marion County Sheriff's Department is investigating a residential burglary to a vacant home on Oak Grove Road in Salem. Robert Bullard of Odin reported the door was broken, papers were laying all over the floor and a flat screen television was stolen from the home of his late father.
Salem Firemen used their hazmat team to answer a call about a Salem woman being adversely effected by a chemical coming from her drain. Firemen say they could find no problem at the Marty and Katheryn Luety home at 102 Chatum. Firemen think the odor could have been caused by sewer gas that had dissipated before they arrived or a drain cleaner used a few days earlier.
Kell Fire Chief Lonnie McDaneld estimates damage at $1,000 from a tractor fire. The tractor was being operated by Brian Austin of the 7104 Kell Road in rural Texico when the fire broke out around 11:22 Thursday morning. McDaneld says the fire was caused by a mechanical problem. There were no injuries.
See other LocalNews news:Fire Destroys Abandoned Home on Ross Road in Rural Centralia
Champaign Police Officer Waives Jury in Sex Assault Case
Offer to Restore Power at Shuttered State Park Rejected
Jefferson County Canine Tico Helps Make First Arrest
Centralia Clean and Green Volunteers Clean Up in the Rain