Salem Elementary Board Approves Revised Safety PlanThe Salem Elementary School Board approved a revised safety plan in a meeting on monday evening. District #111 Superintendent Mark Cartwright says the plan includes updated protocol for a wide range of safety concerns, including CPR, severe weather, fire procedures, lockdown protocol, as well as plans for dealing with hostage situations and intruders. Specifics of the plan were discussed in closed session for security reasons.
Cartwright said that the district worked closely with local police departments in order to develop the new safety plan. The districts safety procedures were put to the test earlier this year during a Bomb Threat at Franklin Park School in April. The threat was determined to be a hoax.
Two years ago the district upgraded their facilities with new security equipment, including key-card access and security cameras.
See other LocalNews news:Five Charged in Marion County Court
What's On The Ballot?: Advisory Questions, Constitutional Amendments
Former Mercer County Treasurer Sentenced After Theft
School's PTA President Accused of Stealing Funds
Early Voting Opens Today