Centralia Fire Department Outside Heritage Woods where a man smoking a cigarette set off a flash fire that burned his face. Photo by Mitchell Schultheis.
Smoking While Utilizing An Oxygen Tank Sparks Flash Fire in CentraliaA resident of Heritage Woods on Route 161 East in Centralia received facial burns after a flash fire broke out while he was smoking a cigarette while hooked to an oxygen tank.
Centralia Fire Officials say Jim Mandrell who lived in the Autumn Leaves portion of the complex was taken to St. Mary's Hospital for treatment. Firemen say the flash fire also spread to a small area of carpeting that was burned. The fire was out on the fire department's arrival. They removed smoke from Mandrell's room and a nearby hallway.
Fire officials say all the other residents in the area had been evacuated as a precaution. The fire call came in at 8:26 Saturday night.
See other LocalNews news:Former Salem Investment Adviser Sentenced To Prison For Fraud
Rising Country Star Drew Baldridge Makes His Return Home to The Marion County Fair
Centralia Couple Pleads Guilty to Federal Methamphetamine Drug Charges
3 Electrical Contractors Injured in Power Line Mishap in St. Elmo
South Carolina Presidential Campaign Comes to Chicago