Seattle Fireworks Show Marred by Fire
(SEATTLE) -- An annual fireworks show in Seattle was the ruined by a fire at a boat storage facility on Lake Union Thursday.
According to ABC affiliate KOMO-TV, at least six boats were damaged in the fire. Witnesses said that the fire spread quickly.
"It started out as a small ember in a small boat," one witness told KOMO-TV, "and they didn't remove it quick enough and the whole thing caught fire."
Firefighters responded to the report at about 10 p.m. on Thursday and the flames were extinguished in under one hour.
According to the Seattle Fire Department, up to 14 boats may have suffered as much as $1.5 million in damage in the fire.
The fire was apparently caused by a stray firework. There were no reported injuries in the fire. The fireworks show went ahead as scheduled after the fire was extinguished.
Copyright 2013 ABC News Radio
See other NationalNews news:Satanists Use Hobby Lobby Decision to Play Devil's Advocate
Investigator to Interview Bowe Bergdahl on 2009 Disappearance Next Week
Jesse Ventura Wins Lawsuit Against Estate of Slain Navy SEAL
Woman Pledges to Go Vegan So PETA Will Pay Her Water Bill
Pilot Who Crashed on Florida Beach 'Never Saw' Victims Below