Seven straight for the Braves...Nats, Tigers, Padres, Cubs, Blue Jays, Mariners break out the brooms
Teheran gave up four hits and three walks while lowering his ERA to 2.29. Jordan Walden pitched a perfect ninth for his third save as closer Craig Kimbrel received a night off.
The Mets have lost four straight and seven of eight.
In other major league play:
- The Washington Nationals finished a three-game sweep of Colorado with a come-from-behind 4-3 victory over the Rockies. Ian Desmond broke a seventh-inning tie with a home run, his 15th of the season. The Nationals have won five straight as they remain a half-game back of Atlanta. The Rockies have lost 14 of 16.
- Edwin Encarnacion hit a walk-off three-run homer with two outs in the ninth to give Toronto a 7-4 win over Milwaukee. The game-winner tied Encarnacion for the major league home run lead with 26. It was the third homer of the game for the Blue Jays who have hit a major-league best 113 this season. It's the first time the Brewers have been swept this season.
- Tyson Ross threw a three-hitter for his first career shutout as the Padres completed a three-game sweep of Cincinnati with a 3-0 win. Rene Rivera hit a three-run single off big league ERA leader Johnny Cueto. The Padres, who tied their season high with their fourth straight win, hadn't swept a series since Sept. 6-8 against Colorado.
- Torii Hunter has three RBI singles to help Detroit trounce Oakland 9-3 in a meeting of American League division leaders. The victory completed a three-game sweep for the Tigers, who've won 11 of 13.
- Ryan Flaherty swatted a tiebreaking seventh inning home run and the Baltimore Orioles beat the Texas Rangers for the third straight night, 6-4.
- The Chicago White Sox nipped the L.A. Angels 3-2 in the seventh walkoff victory of the season. Leury Garcia drove in the winning run with a pinch-hit single off Michael Morin to end it.
- It was a win-win night for Chicago. The Cubs routed Boston 16-9 behind a 19-hit attack at Fenway Park. Justin Ruggiano, Mike Olt and Welington Castillo hit two-run homers. Ruggiano had five RBIs.
-- The Pittsburgh Pirates beat Arizona 5-1 for their fifth win in six games. Gregory Polanco homered in the second inning. The rookie has reached base safely in 19 of his 21 games.
-- Casey McGehee reached base three times, doubled home a run and scored another, helping the Miami Marlins to a 5-0 victory over the Philadelphia Phillies, who lost their sixth game in a row.
- Mike Aviles capped a three-run eighth inning with a two-run single against Brian Wilson, rallying Cleveland past Los Angeles, 5-4.
- Jason Vargas threw seven innings of four-hit ball to lead Kansas City over Minnesota 4-0. Raul Ibanez homered for the second game since being signed by the Royals Monday.
- Sean Rodriguez hit a tie-breaking, two-run homer and drove in three as Tampa Bay completed a three-game sweep of the Yankees 6-3. The Rays have won five in a row.
- Logan Morrison drove in two runs in Seattle's four-run sixth inning in a 5-2 win over Houston. That completed a three-game sweep for the Astros.
- Adam Wainwright allowed four hits over 7 2-3 innings, Matt Carpenter continued to feast on San Francisco pitching and the St. Louis Cardinals ended a scoring drought, beating the Giants 2-0.
Smith gets extension from Padres
SAN DIEGO (AP) - San Diego outfielder Seth Smith signed a $13 million contract extension through 2016 after being told by ownership that it is committed to winning. Smith will make $6 million in 2015 and $6.75 million in 2016. The Padres hold a $7 million option in 2017, or a $250,000 buyout.
Smith is making $4.5 million this year. He was obtained in an offseason trade with Oakland.
Mauer heads to DL
MINNEAPOLIS (AP) - Minnesota Twins first baseman Joe Mauer has gone on the 15-day disabled list after hurting his side in Tuesday night's game against the Royals. He apparently suffered the injury when he doubled in the fourth inning, a hit that ran his hitting streak to 12 games. Over his last 19 games he is hitting .390 with 13 runs batted in.
See other NationalSports news:Ex-Cincinnati Bengal Devon Still Says Daughter Has No Signs of Cancer
NFL, NFLPA Investigating Ben Roethlisberger's Concussion
Browns Quarterback Josh McCown Suffers Collarbone Injury
Scoreboard Roundup — 11/29/15
Warriors Edge Out Jazz 106-103 for 19th Straight Win